The popularity of river cruising has exploded over the last two years. Ships are completely sold out months or even a year in advance and cruise lines are building and launching new river ships at an amazing rate to answer the demand. Here are the top 5 reasons for booking a River Cruise to help you decide if you want to try it:
- Intimate: Since the size of a river vessel is set by the rivers they navigate, they must be smaller than their ocean-going counterparts. With around 150 other guests onboard with you, you’ll get to know most of everyone and make friends a lot easier than you would on a large ocean cruise ship. Not only this the staff will also get to know you a lot better and be able to show you much more attention.
- Scenery: Since you’re gliding down the river, the scenery is constantly changing.
- All-Inclusive: Most river cruises offer a truly all-inclusive experience which includes drinks and shore excursions.
- Short wait times: A river cruise ship can dock right in the heart of a city which means no long transfers or waiting times to reach the different tourist attractions.
- Quicker boarding/deboarding: Due to the smaller size of the ship you won’t have long embarkation and disembarkation times with a river cruise. From arriving at the ship you can be in your cabin within minutes. There’s no standing in long queues waiting to get on and off the ship.
Ready to experience a luxury river cruise? Contact me at 919.480.6808
Have you ever been on a river cruise and would you go again? Comment below!