With so much technology and thousands of travel agents, it’s easy to be spontaneous and book travel at the last minute but some trips require more time and coordination. Trips like island hopping, multi-destination, family gatherings, and safaris should be planned a year in an advance. Below are 8 destinations you should plan a year in advance from Australia to Spain.
- Australia: The world’s 6th largest country filled with beaches, over 500 national parks, deserts, natural attractions, and landmarks. There’s an abundance to see and do and keep in mind that some attractions are closed during normal operating days. Flight time from NY is 20+ hours and you can squeeze in most of the main attractions within 2 weeks.
- Brazil: The largest country in both South America and Latin America which makes it the world’s 5th largest country by area. You can spend a week viewing the Amazon, mountains, falls, vineyards, national parks, and local attractions. You can’t forget Carnival which is their legendary vibrant festival. To get the best hotels and restaurants, definitely book a year in advance.
- Cruises: Holiday cruises are highly popular as some people love to sail away for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years so these get booked up quickly. Short season cruises to Alaska, Baltic, Canada, and New England are a favorite for seasoned travelers and these get booked out a year or more in advance. Expedition cruises such as the Amazon river or the Galapagos islands are smaller ships which require early booking to get the right season for travel. River cruises only carry a few hundred people to intimate destinations and these sometimes require bookings up to 2 years in advance. Themed cruises like The Walking Dead, Star Trek, Jamrock Reggae or Soca on the Seas sell out quickly due to the popularity and celebrities that are on-board.
- Ecuador: You’re in for some excitement as Ecuador has the world’s highest active volcano. This is a fabulous eco-adventure country and you have to allow a couple of days to cruise the wildlife-rich Galápagos Islands. If you have a few more days to spare then hop over to Peru which is only 2.5 hours away by flight.
- Indonesia: It’s time to go island hopping on this world’s largest island country with more than 17,000 islands. Hello, I’m bound to find me a Husband on one of them.
Fill your belly with local seafood while watching the fishermen produce artisanal sea salt from volcanic black sand.
- New Zealand: One of the last lands to be settled by humans due to its remoteness. A multi-cultural hub of food and wine, music, beaches, volcanoes, museums art, and culture. If that’s not enough excitement then you can visit the Hobbiton movie set where Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed (excellent movies).
- Safari (African): Game drives, bush walks, canoes, oh my. A safari tour can be done in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa. You can easily spend two weeks lounging on the beaches, tasting wine, exploring local markets, hiking and visiting local villages.
- Spain: The largest country in Southern Europe and the second largest country in Western Europe. With so much food and wine, who wants to do anything else. There’s a plethora of local activities, excursions, breathtaking sites, and landscapes. You might as well cross the border into beautiful Portugal and spend a few nights soaking up the culture.
Interested in any of these destinations or other international destinations? Book with me at www.kdiamondtravels.com and I’ll save you $50 per person.
P.S. Please Comment, Follow, Like, Join, Share & Subscribe! 1-Love
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nubianjourneys and Join my Sophisticated, Grown & Sexy Travel Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nubianjourneys